A sweet and savoury twist on the popular rice dish, good for winter nights in.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 4 minutes.
- Add the gammon steak and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the rice, stock cube, pineapple juice from the tin and the water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, peppers, mushrooms and pineapple cubes and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Add a little more water if it's too dry.
- Taste for seasoning and serve.
Time: 50 min
Some stock cubes contain wheat and/or celery. Always read the label.
Reproduced with the kind permission of the Food Standards Agency.