Served on a bed of crushed new potatoes, this tasty meal is an ideal way to get some omega 3.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the peas and cook for a couple of minutes. Then drain through a sieve and leave in the pan.
- Season the potatoes with pepper, then add oil and parsley and crush roughly with a wooden spoon.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon and sprinkle with pepper. Then grill the salmon for about 6 minutes. The fish is cooked when it changes colour and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the salmon on top of the crushed potatoes.
- Alternatives: a sprinkling of fennel seeds makes an interesting alternative to milled pepper on the salmon fillets. Steamed/lightly boiled cabbage is delicious with the potatoes, instead of peas.
Time: 20 min
Reproduced with the kind permission of the Foods Standards Agency.